Yesterday was another no reading day because of work. I got into work at 7:30 am and was there until 7:30 pm- nice 12 hour day! When I got home I had to cook and eat dinner and then I rushed around trying to get the Spine Poetry Challenge done. Check out my post from yesterday to see my Spine Poem (it was not the greatest thing ever so don’t feel the need to rush over this minute!)
I’m hoping that today I can start and get through a significant amount of The Silent Wife and continue Sweetly. I don’t have anything planned for the day so I’m curling up with a tea and my books and am just going to read!
Dreamy Characters, interesting challenge. This is not something I have thought much about. I’ve heard a lot of people talk about their “book boyfriends” but I’ve never actually felt so attached to a guy in a book that I would consider them a book boyfriend. I’ll have three categories: Characters I’d Want to Live Next To, Characters I’d Want to Be Friends With, Characters Who Reminded Me Friends.
Characters I’d Want to Live Next To:
1. Tobias Eaton “Four” (Divergent by Veronica Roth)- He’s the perfect person to live next to, he’d be able to kick anyone’s a$$, plus he’s not bad to look at!
2. Jace Lightwood (City of Bones by Cassandra Clare)- Again, he’s the perfect guy to live next to… he’s also not too bad to look at 🙂
3. The Weasley Twins (Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling)- I just think it would be so much fun living next to these two! Think about all of the neat things they would be cooking up at home!
Characters I’d Want to Be Friends With:
1. Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins)- She just seems like an awesome girl and a lot of fun. Plus she’s tough and doesn’t put up with bull$$$$.
2. Hazel Lancaster (The Fault In Our Stars by John Green)- Hazel seems like a kind hearted young girl who is going through a lot. I feel like she would be a very loyal friend and someone who is fun to hang out with.
3. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling)- How could you not want to be friends with Hermione?! I feel like we’d have a lot to chat about (Yes I am very nerdy! Always have been… and I LOVE that fact about me!)
Characters Who Reminded Me of Friends:
1. Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins) reminds me of my friends Juliana. She is constantly pushing the limits and doing her own thing. I’m pretty sure she would take any of her sisters (or best friends) places if they were sent to participate in the Hunger Games. Just like I mentioned above, Juliana is also tough and doesn’t put up with bull$$$$.
2. Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen) reminds me of my friends Lilian. She is so witty and funny, just like Elizabeth. She stands up for what she believes in and isn’t willing to bend to what society says she should do.
3. Carmen Lowell (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares) reminds me of my friends Tamira. She is always self conscious about her appearance and is constantly commenting about how she just doesn’t fit with us (there are 4 of us BFFs). She would have reacted the exact same way Carmen did when she was expected to try on a pair of jeans that we all fit into. We share a pair of travelling shoes since we are all the same size.