Somehow I got super confused on my update posts… I don’t know what I was thinking (it may have been due to the wine I drank yesterday!) Anyways, I thought about it this morning and realized I was trying to post yesterdays (Wednesdays) updates yesterday and I don’t know…
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Number of pages I’ve read today:
140 pages of Vortex + 130 pages of Allegiant = 170 pages
Total number of pages I’ve read to date:
462 pages + 170 pages = 632 pages
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read to date:
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Vortex
Double Date Book Challenge
(Hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale)
The Challenge: You must pick two books that you would recommend someone read together (like a double date!) and explain your reasons for the recommendation. You can recommend the books because they are in the same genre, one is a retelling of the other, they deal with the same issues, or maybe they’re complete opposites, whatever you want as long as you can explain why they should be read together. Just one exception: they cannot be books from the same series
I think that Julie Cross’ Tempest and Kerstin Gier’s Ruby Red should be read together because both of them involve time travel but they have different purposes and different ways of explaining time travel. I think it would be interesting to compare how each author goes about creating a world involving time travel and how the characters use or abuse time travel as they see fit. In addition, both of them seem to have time travel “enemies” so they’re sort of similar!
Found Poem Challenge
(Hosted by Pen In Her Hand)
The Challenge: Follow the three easy steps in order to create a Found Poem:
Pick a number between 1 and 10, and you’re ready to start!
1. Flip to a page at random. Using your trusty number (for example, let’s use 7) count down 7 lines. Then count in 7 words. Write that word down. Repeat this process until your have fourteen words. Here are my words: have, general, darkness, week, sit, all, do, because, my, the, secret, what? says.
2. Delete two words and add in two words of your own. I deleted the words general and my. I added the words pause and then.
3. Now arrange your words any way you like to finish your found poem
I am currently reading Divergent by Veronica Roth
Number chosen: 8
1. Words: Christina, the, letting, together, she, do, covered, grunt, video, sure, me, founded, muttering, of
2. Delete and add two words: deleting- covered and video; adding- she’s and whatever
3. Christina, she founded me,
She’s sure of letting,
Together the muttering, grunt(s),