I was recently selected to be part of Victoria Schwab’s blog tour for The Unbound. If you haven’t read The Archived yet, do so immediately! The book is a lot of fun and has quite a bit of mystery to it. The Archived tells the story of Mackenzie who is a Keeper who has to stop Histories from waking up and getting out of the Archive. Mackenzie has to lie to those she loves. Her family moves to a new house and Mackenzie makes new friends. She soon isn’t sure who she should trust.
I really enjoyed The Archived and can’t wait to read The Unbound. The book was beautifully written and had some great characters. It was a lot of fun following Mackenzie on her adventure. Victoria is very creative- who else can create a world were people “rest of shelves like books”? I really enjoyed being pulled into the world and cannot wait to be pulled into it again when I read The Unbound.
The Unbound was released on January 28, 2014.
The Unbound Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.
Last summer, Mackenzie Bishop, a Keeper tasked with stopping violent Histories from escaping the Archive, almost lost her life to one. Now, as she starts her junior year at Hyde School, she’s struggling to get her life back. But moving on isn’t easy — not when her dreams are haunted by what happened. She knows the past is past, knows it cannot hurt her, but it feels so real, and when her nightmares begin to creep into her waking hours, she starts to wonder if she’s really safe.
Meanwhile, people are vanishing without a trace, and the only thing they seem to have in common is Mackenzie. She’s sure the Archive knows more than they are letting on, but before she can prove it, she becomes the prime suspect. And unless Mac can track down the real culprit, she’ll lose everything, not only her role as Keeper, but her memories, and even her life. Can Mackenzie untangle the mystery before she herself unravels?
With stunning prose and a captivating mixture of action, romance, and horror, The Unbound delves into a richly imagined world where no choice is easy and love and loss feel like two sides of the same coin.
Ten Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Victoria Schwab
1. I am terrified of bread mold.
2. I had a fear of heights so I jumped out of an airplane at 15,000 feet.
3. I have four tattoos, none of them visible…
4. And one has a typo (it’s Latin) but I kept it as a reminder to be more patient.
5. I am moving to Scotland this fall to get a Masters Degree in Art History.
6. When I was born, I didn’t have a name for almost two weeks bc my parents wanted to wait and see what I was like.
7. I lived in a shed in a backyard In Liverpool for three months. It was horrible and I was too broke to leave but I figured, hey, you can survive anything for three months.
8. I will never forgive Patrick Ness for Manchee. I still get really upset about it.
9. I got arrested for hitch hiking in France when I was 18.
10. I have One Direction and Marilyn Manson side by side on my playlist. My taste for music swings DRASTICALLY with my mood.