So today is the day that The Classics Club chooses a number. It was funny because last night I couldn’t sleep because I was just TOO excited about what number would be chosen. All 20 books on my list were books that I could live with reading… some I was terrified of reading because they were massive books and I’m already reading 2 chubsters! Anyways, the lucky number is…..
My list consisted of:
1. The Bell Jar (Sylvia Plath)
2. Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe)
3. The Master and Margarita (Mihail Bulgakov)
4. Les Miserables (Victor Hugo)- WHAT AM I THINKING?!
5. The Beautiful and Damned (Scott F. Fitzgerald)
6. North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell)
7. The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)
8. To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
9. Love in the Time of Cholera (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
10. Cloud Atlas (David Mitchell)
11. Lolita (Vladimir Nabokov)
12. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (Winifred Watson)
13. Brideshead Revisited (Evelyn Waugh)
14. A Streetcar Named Desire (Tennessee Williams)
15. Revolutionary Road (Richard Yates)
16. The Picture of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde)
17. Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy)- This could be fun?!
18. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Frank L. Baum)
19. Middlemarch (George Eliot)- Oh Goodness!!!!
20. Everything is Illuminated (Johnathan Safron Foer)
That means I am reading Johnathan Safron Foer’s Everything Is Illuminated!!! I am so excited! I have wanted to read this book ever since I saw the movie. I read Johnathan’s Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and really enjoyed it. I think that his Everything Is Illuminated will be just as good and I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy. I have until April 2 to finish reading it, but I’m sure I’ll get it and read it before then!