To celebrate the release of Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy, bloggers are being asked to share their Bucket Lists. I used to be the kind of person who thought Bucket Lists were completely pointless, but recently I have realized that they actually are a lot of fun! I have two different bucket lists- a regular bucket list and a “bookish” bucket list.
My Regular Bucket List
1. Travel to each continent (at least once)
2. Learn at least 4 languages fluently (I know English and Ukrainian, so I’m half way there!)
3. Compete in an amateur Ballroom Dance Competition
4. Learn how to Irish Dance and Belly Dance (there will probably be more styles soon!)
5. Compete in a Triathlon
My “Bookish” Bucket List
I originally created this bucket list while I was participating in a Bout of Books read-a-thon. I only have four things on the list so far, but I’m still adding on to it:
1. Buy a book in 6 different countries at major bookstores
2. Read Harry Potter in English, French, Ukrainian and Spanish (All 7 books in each language)- I’m still learning French and Spanish so this might take a while!
3. Read all 100 books on the BBC Top 100 Books list
4. Host a Mad Hatter Party inspired by Alice in Wonderland
So… What’s on your bucket list? What about on your “bookish” bucket list?
Side Effects May Vary
Side Effects May Vary written by Julie Murphy is set to release March 18, 2014.
Synopsis (from Goodreads):
What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you?
When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.
Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most?
Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality
Want to find out more about Julie Murphy?
Julie lives in North Texas with her husband who loves her, her dog who adores her, and her cat who tolerates her. When she’s not writing or trying to catch stray cats, she works at an academic library. Side Effects May Vary is Julie’s debut novel. Julie can best be found on her website (www.juliemurphywrites.com), tumblr (www.andimjulie.tumblr.com), or twitter (www.twitter.com/andimjulie).